The Bermuda Triangle, also known as ‘Devil’s Triangle, is one of the most fascinating mysteries known to humans. It is a mystery that has birthed numerous conspiracy theories, yet no one knows exactly the truth.
It is a 500,000-square-mile area between Miami, Puerto Rico and Bermuda in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean.
It is one of the most famous places in the world from where numerous aircraft and ships have disappeared under strange, unexplainable circumstances. This has happened several times, and this happened even when the weather was perfect. After their disappearance, not even a single plane or ship was known to have been found. Many experts believe that it is due to electronic fog, which is basically bizarre storm clouds caused by thunderclouds and high-level solar winds. A team of experts that successfully experimented by flying above the Bermuda Triangle reveals that high energy levels were reported in this zone.
Famous Instances Related To The Bermuda Triangle
- Christopher Columbus, after sailing through the Bermuda Triangle while he was voyaging around the world, said that a great flame of fire – probably a meteor – crashed into the sea and a strange light appeared after a few weeks. At that time, the Bermuda Triangle was one of the few places on the earth where magnetic north aligned with true north, and that can be a possible explanation of erratic compass reading that was recorded by Columbus.
- Joshua Slocum, the first person to travel solo around the world, disappeared on a voyage from Martha’s Vineyard to South America in 1909. Many people believe the Bermuda Triangle to be the reason behind his disappearance.
- Another accident was that of the pilots of a squadron of U.S. Navy bombers who disappeared and were never found after they became disoriented while flying.
- In March 1918, a 542-feet-long Navy cargo ship called USS Cyclops with 300 men and 10,000 tons of Manganese ore onboard sank somewhere between the Chesapeake Bay and Barbados. Even though the ship was fully equipped to send an SOS distress call, it never sent any distress call for help. An extensive search was done, but no wreckage was found.
- In 1941, a similar incident was reported where two Cyclops’ sister ships vanished in the same fashion without a trace along the same route and were never found.
Theories Related To The Bermuda Triangle
There are various accidents like this, but the actual cause is not known yet. Though there have been multiple conspiracy theories, experts refuse to believe in such things.
- Some of the writers of mystery and paranormal fiction believe the leftover technology of the lost mythical continent of Atlantis to be the reason behind all the unexplainable happenings of the Bermuda triangle. According to this theory, when Atlantis was destroyed, it sank at the bottom of the sea. They believe the temples which had the great Atlantean fire still provide tremendous power and energy.
- Other theories are those which consider UFOs and aliens to be the reason behind the mysteries of the Bermuda Triangle. Charles Berlitz was one writer who said the aliens are the supernatural forces causing the accidents around Bermuda Triangle. Some people also say that aliens use the Bermuda Triangle as a portal to travel to and from space.
- Huge craters half a mile wide and 150ft deep were discovered in 2016 that are believed to be formed by the bubbles of methane gas leaking from the deposits of oil and gas buried deep under the seafloor. These gases. These gases are also believed to be the possible cause of the accidents because these gases can cause large-scale eruptions once they reach a critical mass.
- Another possible cause behind these accidents is rogue waves that are formed due to the north and south storms coming together, and some scientists believe that the Bermuda Triangle is just the right place for these waves.
- Human error can also be a possible cause behind the disappearance of ships and people.
There were a lot of mysterious occurrences in the Bermuda Triangle, and scientists can’t provide a valid explanation for this. It has been an enigma and a breeding place for all kinds of conspiracy theories, even to this day. Feel free to tell us in the comments section any exciting things you have come across related to the Bermuda Triangle.